Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Teacher Togs Part 2

 Welcome back to more of my wardrobe. I did buy a new winter coat this year. This one I found at TJ Maxx. It's an AvalancheSki Jacket with a hood, lots of pockets, a gaitor so the snow doesn't crawl up underneath, thumb holes to keep your sleeves in place, and it's heavyweight and warm. And I think it's a pretty color!




I honestly don't remember what order I wore them in, just giving five outfits for the week!

This outfit got a lot of compliments, and one of my coworkers really loved my jacket especially. The skirt is a little bit of an asymmetrical hem. It's a blue flowered pattern, Lola P. from Fashion Crossroads, and I just realized it's a Small, when I went to look at the label, so I'm pretty amazed I can still wear it. It is an elastic waist. The tshirt is the same navy tuck T from the last post, it's by Jones New York, also from either FC or the FC Outlet. The jacket, that jacket is a dream :). I tried on the skirt and the jacket together, the day I bought the skirt, and the jacket was just too much at that point. They somehow still had one that made it through the season and just was there for awhile. When it went on sale, I could not resist anymore, and it went home with me. Clara Sun Woo, Liquid Leather. It's double zip, and I love it.






There's that Marshall's cardigan again, with the tie black tshirt and a leopard print skirt from Fashion Crossroads, by Tribal.






I know I wore this one on a Wednesday, because we were going to have a meeting and I decided the first time I wore pants this year would be to a meeting in my school colors.

I picked up the red pants at Ross (Soho), and the black and white button down is from Fashion Crossroads by Foxcraft. It's got a little stretch, but it's kind of stiffer, heavy fabric, so it's comfortable, and I don't feel like I'm squeezing out all over the place. 



I have had this skirt for a very long time. I am almost positive it came from Christopher and Banks, and the long sleeve top may have come from there as well. I had struggled for ages to find something to wear with this skirt, and almost gave it away this summer, then realized that it matched the leaves in the skirt and thought I would try them together. The sweater is my oversized, fuzzy, peach cardigan from Fashion Crossroads.




On Friday I wore a pair of jeans and this year's school tshirt, which is a red and black tie dye.

My mom gave me a pair of Lee Riders Relaxed jeans that she found at New Horizons Thrift store near where she lives, and they are very comfortable. 






On Saturday we went to a wedding by a lake. It was a beautiful setting, but it was cooler, and I'd never been there, and I thought since it was by a lake I wouldn't dress up too much. I wore this shirt, which my mom gave me (NY Collection), and a dark pair of nice jeans (NYDJ from Fashion Crossroads). I did feel a little underdressed and if I were to do it again I would have at least worn slacks. I am glad I wore pants, because the wind kicked up over the lake and it was cool, and the chairs kept sinking into the sand so people were having to struggle out of them!














No comments:

Post a Comment