Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Dusty Rhoads Nail Strips

 Applied 7/8/2021

A friend of mine recently started selling these. She's a rancher, and she has pictures of wearing them through activities that normal nails strips or polish would definitely not survive, so I thought it was definitely worth a shot. 


I got advice, because I was having some trouble peeling the backing off the strips. She said to soak them in hot water (while still sealed in the package so the strips don't get wet), so I put them into a ziploc baggie since I'd already opened the package and put them in hot water. It made it easier, and most of them didn't give me any trouble after that, but I did have a couple of really stubborn ones that I had a very hard time with separating the paper strip from the nail.


As far as putting them on, easy peasy. I smoothed them down, tucked in the sides, folded over the edges, and filed them as the directions say. 


I filed, buffed, and cleaned my fingernails first, then used the alcohol strip included in the package before applying the strips. There is also a small file included, which helps file the edges after you fold the strip over the top of the nail.


I bought a few varieties, God's' Country, United We Stand, Blessed Assurance, and of course, Laramie. I chose to try Laramie for my first use, mostly because the others all have graphics that aren't going to show up as well on shorter nails, and would end up getting cut off.














Here they are after about a week. Still looking pretty good!




This was just before I took them off, on Sunday the 18th of July, so I would say they did pretty well. For me anyway.  I have a terrible time keeping polish or polish strips in place, and these held up well.



I put my second set on Monday, July 26, and they look good. The only hard part is trying to peel them apart!











No comments:

Post a Comment