Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Color Street

 I thought I'd better give these a try as well, so I put them on on Sunday, July, 18th. 

These are a nail strip, but they are polish, and already dry, so there's no dry time.

They are really easy to put on. They wanted to get a little bent out of shape after they were removed from the backing, but if you leave them on the tab instead of tearing it off, they are easier to handle. They went on easily and well, and were easy to peel.

Some of them fit well, and some of them were too small to go to the edges of my nails, but the next size up was way too big. 

Here's what they looked like that day, and I will update as I wear them, to see how long and how well they wear.


This didn’t cover the nail edge when I did the filing, so on the second I pulled it over the edge more and it seemed to work a little better.








One of the strips did tear during the peel so I trimmed it the best I could and kept going. Right middle finger, so we will see if that has any effect on how long it stays.


I will tell you I don't think these are holding up as well as the last nail strips. They are cracking, and have some chips. It's Friday, July 23, and I took some photos to show the wear and tear.






I decided to take them off on July 26th because they were cracked and peeling and just didn't look very good anymore. Taking them off has been an entire exercise in patience. They come off one layer at a time, with a lot of scrubbing...first the color came off, then, eventually, the rest of it. 

I thought "There has to be an easier way than this", and so I searched removing Color Street. I found this YouTube video, and it did work pretty well. I used a snack baggie and a bowl of warm water instead of what she's got, but it worked just fine with my generic, store brand nail polish remover. I did take one cotton round and clean up the sparklies and last bits, but over all it did a pretty good job and was a much simpler process with a lot less scrubbing. 

I still have bits and pieces on my nails. I wanted to put on something else right away, but I have scrubbed and scrubbed, and short of filing off the top surface of my nails, I don't know how to get the rest off my nails! Plus my fingers are covered in glitter. These are much more difficult to remove than the last nail strips I tried.

Another video suggested using a gauze pad. I didn't try it, but it does make sense because it would be "scrubbier" than a regular cotton round.


No comments:

Post a Comment