Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I am heartbroken. Dublin Dr. Pepper is no more.

Well, I think I will be hoarding the Dublin Dr. Pepper in my pantry for a very long time, as there will be no more.  Dr. Pepper killed my favorite place to visit in Dublin, Texas.  There will be no Dr. Pepper/Snapple drinking or Cadbury eating in this house!  It makes me sad and angry that Dr. Pepper couldn't let loose of that 1/10th of 1 percent of their profit that Dublin was raking in, and I am sad and angry that the judicial system would let the big old corporate money grubbers roll right over the top of small town America, thoroughly smushing them on the way.  Grrr!  Some of my favorite family memories are in that little soda shop!  And we always bring a case or two home with us to share with friends and family here.  My dad brought us three cases on his way through as he was moving! 
I hate feeling powerless and angry!

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=234828943259292&id=141195079289346
As some of you may have noticed I had pulled this page for the past few weeks. I was asked to do so by the people at The Dublin Dr Pepper bottling company, as they were in negotiations with Dr Pepper/Snapple Corp/Cadbury. In lieu of the outcome of the court case I feel that it is time to open the page back up. It is with a very heavy heart that I must tell you the results of the case. A true Texas tradition has died. As of five o'clock central time The Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Co and Dublin Dr Pepper are no more. Dr Pepper/Snapple/Cadbury Companies won their case against our small bottler and have closed the plant in Dublin. They have graciously allowed the new museum and soda shop to remain open, but they will only be able to serve regular Dr Pepper sweetened with sugar; not the original recipe we all love. I know that all of you will be affected by this outcome, but I can't even imagine the devastating affect it will have on my small town. I vow to NEVER buy a product made by any of these companies and pray that you will let them know exactly how you feel. As always, there is contact information on the Info page. Please pray for all of the newly unemployed Dublin bottler employees, and for Dublin, Texas. Thank you for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment