Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

A long night

Meggie must have been experiencing the same tummy aches as the rest of us last night, because she had to go out about four times!  Once, she went out, and she just didn't come back! 


This is what I wrote at 2 or so this morning! 
I can't find my dog.  She got up and asked to be let out about 11, and I let her out.  She did her business and came right back in.  Then she got up, an hour later, and asked to go out again.  Paul let both dogs out, and Meggie never came back.  I went out with my flashlight and looked for her.  I didn't see any tracks other than right near the door.  The road is drifted over and no tracks there, or up the other way.  It's a blizzard, there's relatively no traffic, and I walked up our block and out into and down the highway, and called and called.  Where is my dog?


Thankfully, she finally dragged herself in about 2:30.  I am so glad she made it home safely, though I have no idea where she was!

No comments:

Post a Comment