Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rise and Shine

I have the words to that children's song spinning through my head this morning.  It's all Hannah's fault, as I could hear her warbling it in the shower ;).  What a great song!  It helps bring to mind what I should always remember, that my life is God's, and everything that I do, say, or even think should be for His glory!  Always!  Boy is that hard to live up to sometimes!  Good think I have a lamp to light my way and a step by step instruction book for living life!  Yes, I step off the path sometimes.  I am certainly not perfect, by any means!  I say things I shouldn't, do things I shouldn't, and certainly think things I shouldn't! But God is awesome, and merciful, and when I realize what an idiot I am, all I have to do is ask for His forgiveness, and it's done!


Colossians 3:23
 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;


Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.


Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.



Ephesians 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;



Colossians 1:14

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

No comments:

Post a Comment