Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Spiced Rum Brown Butter Cookies

 I was in need of two more batches of cookies for my cookie jar and was scrolling recipes. These Spiced Rum Brown Butter Cookies looked interesting, so I gave them a try. 

The original poster made some notes about the recipe and how accidentally adding extra rum improved the flavor, so I followed that adjustment. 

I had gotten rum for a cake I was going to make (future blog entry, maybe next week), but it wasn't spiced. After researching it, I found you can make your own spiced rum, but I didn't have 48 hours, so I put it in the blender and it seemed to do alright. I'm sure that wouldn't be sip worthy spiced rum, but in baking I just needed the ingredients to mix together to create the flavor.


This recipe does not call for the dough to be refrigerated, but it was kind of runny (probably from the extra rum), so I covered it and stuck in the fridge for about 30 minutes. The dough was much easier to work with and they taste great! These also freeze well and have been getting eaten from my freezer for the past week or so. 


They did place at the County Fair!



  • For my spiced rum, I used 2 TB Vanilla Cruzan Rum and 2 TB Myers Dark Rum. I used a little orange zest, some cinnamon, allspice, pepper, nutmeg, and ginger (I didn't realize till later I'd forgotten the cloves). I spun it up in my single cup Ninja and poured it in as the "Spiced Rum" ingredient.










No comments:

Post a Comment