Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Computer Repaired!

My Acer has been repaired and seems to be working very well!  For those of you who haven't been along for the journey, a few months ago I caught my leg on the cord of the laptop as I was standing up, and swept it off of the desk, where it crash landed on the back corner, cracking a piece of the corner, and putting a huge split up the middle of the screen.  I still used it for awhile, plugging it into another monitor when trying the split images started making me ill, but eventually it just locked up and began freezing at random moments, even as I struggled to pull files from the hard drive so that I could save them.


One of my friends mentioned replacing the screen, but we were unable to find a part at that time, so it was retired.  The other day, as we were discussing the need for a reliable computer (the older one I'd been using has seen better days, and it kept freezing as we tried to show the Powerpoints for music at church), I was just fiddling around on the internet, and I found a new screen!  My husband Paul and our son David replaced the screen while I was at the Youth Evangelism Conference this weekend, and surprised me with it when I got home!  It was still freezing up, but now that I could actually see and maneuver, I was able to run all the virus programs and it seems to be working well! 


I am so excited to have my computer back!  Now I just have to get all my new photos and Powerpoints rolled back over here :)!

My husband also said I needed to mention that this was a very easy repair.  He said it took about 5 minutes. He step by stepped it from this Youtube video, and there were about 7 screws to remove.  All in all, it was an easy fix, and saved us several hundred dollars, versus buying a new computer or paying someone to repair this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment