Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Safe

I knew I forgot to blog yesterday!  We had a lovely Sunday of hanging out and getting some home things done in the morning, then were ready to roll on to practice and church in the afternoon!  I love having afternoon services :).  We even had the Powerpoint ready, which we had been getting lax about, sadly enough.  


This has become one of my favorite songs, and is one we did yesterday...

It reminds me that no matter how bad I think things are, no matter how low I am, God is always there.  He has always provided, He will always provide, and He has a plan.  It's my job to follow the path He's laid out...

Psalm 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.



Jeremiah 29:11-13
 11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
 12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
 13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

He has plans for my life, plans for me.  Plans for good, not evil.  And He says that if I call on Him, he will hear me.  If I seek Him with all of my heart, then I will find Him.  There is no greater comfort in this life than to know that I don't have to worry and fret, He's got it all taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment