Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Friday, November 11, 2011

As I sat down to write this morning, my beloved canine companion came and laid her head on my knee.  When that didn't get my attention quickly enough, she wiggled her nose underneath my wrist, and threw my hand up in the air, gently but insistently bouncing it until it my fingers rested behind her ears in the optimal scratching position.  Yes, I did get the message :).  And it got me to thinking about some of my most wonderful friends, who just happen to have been furry.  


Meggie is my buddy.  She's been with me through thick and thin, good times and bad, every little twist and turn of life.  She's got Cleopatra eyes, and a gorgeous smile, a heart full of love, and a joyful spirit.  She's the official greeter at the Community Outreach Center, and I've seen people who looked so sad, lost, brokenhearted and dejected, respond to her antics by petting her, or just holding onto her, and even the faint glimmer of a smile.  


Have you hugged your furry friend today?


Here are some furry friends who have touched our lives...You won't see Tab or Shorty, because I don't have any digital pics of them, but here are a few...




Megs...
















My brother's cat, Frank.  He's even older than Meggie!  He's got to be 17 or 18 years old  by now!
 This is Cactus.  He passed away last spring, but was a special friend to our whole family.  Here my niece and youngest daughter are playing with him.  He was a snuggler too, as you can see below.



My husband riding my dad's horse, Billy.


My cousin Tandi's horses, Razz and Hershey, 
with my youngest daughter and niece aboard.

You can see my two Maids of Honor, one furry, one not :).
And Kayla, our family beagle, didn't want to feel left out...

No comments:

Post a Comment