Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankfulness

I know that you're expecting to see posts about thankfulness and gratitude today, and well you should.  I had to throw my hat into the ring as well, because so many times we take for granted and forget to give thanks for the amazing and wonderful gifts that God has given us.

I am going to start with the gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus, my Lord.  Not to mention, the gift of life, period.

I am so thankful for my wonderful family, from my wonderful husband and children (and grandchild, to my amazing parents, to my little brother, to my many precious nieces and nephews, both actual and assumed, our furry children, and so many more.

I am thankful for my supportive and loving church family and friends, for my community, for my library, and more people, places, and blessings than I could ever name.  I am thankful to have a roof over our heads, food on the table, and for my husband's job.



Psalm 95 :1-2] Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

1 Thessalonians 5:18New International Version (NIV)
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Chronicles 16:34New International Version (NIV)
34 
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

1 Chronicles 29:13New International Version (NIV)
13 
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
    and praise your glorious name.

Psalm 9[a][b]
For the director of music. To the tune of “The Death of the Son.” A psalm of David.

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
    I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

Psalm 69:30New International Version (NIV)
30 
I will praise God’s name in song
    and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Psalm 100:4New International Version (NIV)

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.


No comments:

Post a Comment