Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Monday, February 6, 2012

Emotional Television

Yes, I'm a few days behind.  I have had plenty of ideas in my head, just no time to "write" them!  I sat down with the girls and watched Flicka 2 the other day, and it made me cry.  I never wanted to reach through the screen and punch someone so much in my life as the neighbor in that movie!  I know, not a very Christ like thought.  He really needed a lesson in reason and compassion, and his daughter was a flat out jerk, but I don't think hauling them through the screen would have been a very great example to teach them how to treat others!

The really funny thing is, the brat neighbor girl was also in another movie I've seen recently, two of my favorite Christmas movies in fact, and she was the sweetest girl in the world in Christmas in Canaan and Christmas Comes Back to Canaan...guess she's a good actress!

Flicka 2 was a good family movie.  It made us laugh, it made us cry, and it made us live in the moment with the characters.  I don't think you can ask for more than that!  It was kind of strange to see the dad in a movie.  You hear his voice in so many commercials and animated shows, that it is different to see his face!

Last night when I was busy not sleeping (lovely cold with a cough), I also caught up on a few Christmas movies I had saved on the DVR.  There was one called Under the Mistletoe that was especially touching.  I cried most of the way through the movie, some from joy and some from sadness.  It was very heart touching, though maybe a little was cut out of the flow of the plot, it followed pretty well and was a sweet and touching show.

No comments:

Post a Comment