Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Monday, October 5, 2015

The God of Angel Armies

I can tell you right now that I have not been spending enough time in my Bible lately.  I know this, because I've been restless, grouchy, out of sorts, snappy with my family, and generally flat.

I had a hard time forcing myself to sit down and choose music for the week, and that's a sign right there, because when I'm in touch with God, He guides me right to them.  When I finally sat down to pick out the music, it was all about having a Soul on Fire, Sending the Light, and how the God of angel armies is always by my side.  Not only that, but the message was about spending time in God's word, so it all combined to convict me!

I've decided that from now on, I'm going to spend my devotional time in my physical, plain old paper Bible.  The internet gives me too many distractions, provides too many ways to stray from where my time and attention needs to be.  Online Bibles and Bibles apps can be very valuable and useful tools, but if you're prone to distraction, multi-tasking, or scrolling windows, they can also be a stumbling block or hindrance.

For the next couple of days, I am going to share pieces of the message from this Sunday, and reflections of what I learned.  Today, you get the music.

Sunday, October 4, 2015 Playlist


No comments:

Post a Comment