Freshwater

Located in the wilds of Wyoming, the name Freshwater was chosen as a Western analogy to Christ. Just as He is the Living Water, and we must have Him to have eternal life, any desert dweller knows the importance of fresh water to life, both for self, and the nourishment of crops or livestock. By taking nourishment in God and His word, we strengthen our own relationship with Him, our faith, and the quality and abundance of our fruitfulness.

Our keystone verse is from Jeremiah, Chapter 17, Verse 8: "For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see whenSave heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

The fruit that we speak of is mentioned in Galatians 5:22
"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

And the heat could be anything we experience that might test our faith in God; trials and tribulations, relationships, anything that focuses our love and attention anywhere but on Him...

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why do we share Jesus?

Why do we share Jesus?  Well, because He told us to?...but if you need another reason, Romans 10:17 mentions a pretty good one.  "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."


How can we expect the world to come to know Jesus if we aren't out there sharing Him?  Sharing His love, sharing His word, sharing the fact that Christ died for our sins...


We have been given the ultimate gift of forgiveness and eternal life.  If we choose to accept it, we belong to Christ, no matter what.  "No power of hell, no scheme of man, could ever pluck me from His hand."  "Though Satan should buffet though trials should come, let this blest assurance control. That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate and has shed His own blood for my soul."


How could we keep such an amazing and wonderful gift to ourselves?  Don't you want to tell everyone?  "I'll shout it from the mountaintop.  I want my world to know.  The Lord of Love has come to me. I want to Pass it On."  That's always been one of my favorite songs.  Some Sunday nights at my childhood church  we sang requests instead of having a set song service, and everyone knew I'd be requesting "Pass It On", and "The Star Spangled Banner".  


Sometimes it's hard to stand up for what is right, what is good, what is honorable.  Sometimes it's hard to accept that we are different and stand up in the middle of "everyone else".  But how selfish is it to keep the Love of God and His message of salvation to ourselves?  Go! Share! Love!  Are you sharing Jesus today in your life and in your words?


Isaiah 49:16 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.


"No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
‘til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand"

                  -  Stuart Townend and Keith Getty, In Christ Alone




"Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul."

                        -  It Is Well with My Soul | Horatio G. Spafford

"I'll shout it from the mountain top 
I want the world to know
The Lord of love has come to me
I want to pass it on."
                 - Kurt Kaiser, Pass it On

No comments:

Post a Comment